Thursday, January 12, 2012

Addendum: The Elementary Dating Scale

While riding in the car today I revisited the subject of the levels of a relationship with Brynn (see the post prior to this one for the original story). This was a mistake in that I was driving and so had to remain facing forward (in other words, I couldn't look away and laugh). Honestly, try to imagine yourself hearing a 10 year old explain this to you in all seriousness, and try not to chuckle...

Level 1: "He asks you out."
Level 2: "You do stuff together. You know like hang out and go do things."
Level 3: "Kissing on the lips."
Level 4: "Getting married."
Level 5: "Having sex."
Level 6: "Having a family together."

So the next time you feel like you're in a relationship that's stalled out, just know it's probably because you've been trapped at a 3.5 for ages.

Here's a handy pocket guide I made up for you:

1 comment:

KT said...

I can't stop laughing...I love how she's saving herself for marriage.